UMC is currently looking for two Data Scientists to our Research department. As a data scientist you will develop and apply methods for data-driven discovery in medical data, and participate in multi-disciplinary teams seeking to identify and explore the effects of medicines. The Uppsala Monitoring Centre holds and analyzes the WHO international database with 14 million reports of side-effects and are at the forefront in exploring the use of electronic health records and social media to identify previously unknown problems related to medicines. We are a scientific centre of excellence, and our data science research has been internationally rewarded and recognized.
In this recruitment, we are open to both seasoned data scientists looking for new challenges and to recent graduates with outstanding ambition and potential to develop into expert data scientists, over the next few years.
The positions are full-time and begin with a trial period of six months based at the UMC office in Uppsala.
* Explore and develop methods for data-driven discovery in observational medical data
* Collaborate with pharmacists, medical doctors and other data scientists in multi-disciplinary teams to analyse specific drugs and medical conditions
* Disseminate research findings in scientific publications, other means of communication, and in training
* MSc degree in Engineering, Mathematical Statistics, Computational Sciences, or equivalent
* Strong data analysis skills
* Experience with statistical software (R, Matlab, or similar)
* Experience with programming
* Fluency in oral and written English
* PhD in computer science, statistics or related discipline
* Extensive experience in programming
* Experience with databases
Uppsala Monitoring Centre is an independent non-profit foundation and centre for international service and scientific research. Our vision is a world where all patients and health professionals make wise therapeutic decisions in their use of medicines. Our mission is to support and promote patient safety through effective global pharmacovigilance practice. www.who-umc.org.
Employer: Uppsala Monitoring Centre
Type of position: Full-time
Last day for applications: 3rd of October
For information: In this recruitment process Uppsala Monitoring Centre is collaborating with Dfind Science & Engineering. UMC follow the union agreements between the Swedish Agency for Government Employers and Saco-S and ST. If you have questions about the position, contact Johan Ellenius, Team Manager, +46 (0)18-65 60 60. Union representatives are Camilla Westerberg (Saco-S) and Jessica Avasol (ST), +46 (0)18-65 60 60. Please apply as soon as possible, as we continuously process the applications. You are welcome with your application registration at www.dfind.se/science-engineering, 3rd of October at the latest.